The fragrances of Provence are without a doubt a true delight. This is a region where the sun shines, plants offer a variety of aromas and stone walls and constructions speak of ancient times.
Just an hour away from Marseille and surrounded by an idyllic setting, this rejuvenating drive will take you through lavender fields and other magic and unique lands…
It's time to explore, to drive around, to enjoy the fragrances and the sun, time to evolve, time to cruise through the heart of this small piece of paradise!
Up and away you go!
Your day by day program
As the track surfs through golden wheat and violet lavender, you will enjoy the heady fragrances not only of a large variety of lavender plants, but also of thyme and so many other medicinal and aromatic herbs that typically blanket the land in Provence. The variety of landscapes also catches the eye, from hills to valleys and slopes to vales. Valensole, meaning “valley of the sun” lives up to its name, with its 300 sunny days a year!
Today’s drive not only offers a degree of ochre colors, it also takes you through olive tree forests, vines, fertile orchards and the Provençal heath. Along the road pointed dry-stone huts called “bories” served as refuge for the local farmers.
Banon is a small commune located at 540 m above sea-level at its lowest point and at 1093 m at its highest. It features a dynamic market and several internationally renowned boutiques and surprisingly, the fourth library in France in terms of size. It also offers a tea-house, an antiques shop, an art gallery and several restaurants.
Further away, Simiane-la-Rotonde seems to balance itself upon its rocky jut. After driving through the village, the road will take you to the gorges of Oppedette.
Daring cliffs play an important part in the surrounding landscape. Chante-Puvine is located at the very gates of Provence, on an ancient Roman track called “Via Domitia” linking Italy and Hipania. The track zig zags down through narrow gorges and then up again towards high pasture lands. After the Font-Belle pass, it winds down again towards the valley crossing the river Duyes. The surrounding atmosphere is stunning!
Forcalquier is located on the slopes of the Lubéron mountain range, and is one of the most important commercial and social centers in the region of Haute-Provence. It is a charming town well worth the visit!
Departures for groups formed on request
- Forcalquier (French department nr 04)
- Charembeau sits comfortably within the imposing walls of an 18th century farmhouse. Sandra and André Berger with their sons Martin and Boris and their team welcome you to the discreet charm of this residence surrounded by 7 hectares of hills and meadows.
- The itinerary is made up of smooth rider-friendly tracks, interrupted here and there by paved sections. These secondary tracks tend to deteriorate according to the weather conditions, making this trip particularly appealing to trail bikes. For those who would like to use a 1200 cm3 maxitrail bike for this trip, off-road experience is mandatory.
TWO UP? It could of course be considered, provided that both rider and passenger are fit and have the adequate off-road experience.
- A Trail Rando guide will supervise the team on board their own vehicle.
- There's a definite feeling of freedom about this itinerary. And to preserve the spirit of exploration and discovery that we wanted to create, we've put you in control.
For this reason, and so that everyone truly plays a part in their own journey, we provide each driver with an uploadable GPS file with the entire itinerary.
This technology allows you to ride with total independence.
With the wonderful tool that is GPS, everyone has the freedom to go on ahead, to be carried along by their artistic inspirations, or to stay with their friends, knowing that as a general rule the TrailRando motorcycle guide will be looking out for the team at the rear.
What a pleasure it is to follow your own course!
“Free people in a structured group” is the motto that accurately reflects the reality of a TrailRando trip.
GPS PROVIDED BY THE ORGANISATION
The route is safely stored stage by stage on the GPS...
At the start of the trip, TrailRando provides everyone with an uploadable GARMIN GPS file with the entire itinerary and its main points such as sites of interest, petrol stations, lunch meeting points and accommodation.
- Single room supplement : 360€
- Yamaha WR250R : 710.00€
- • Lodgingo hotels, in twin rooms,o from the evening of the stage 1, to the morning of the last stage
Food :o Breakfast, lunch, dinnero from the morning of the first stage to midday of the last stage,• The GPS device with the trip's complete track,• Tour leaders :o Tour leader on his own motorcycle,o Support vehicle for luggage transport
- • Transportation :o To and from tour start,o Vehicle transportation to and from tour start,• Beverages
- With which motorcycle ?
Ideally any 250 to 600 cm3 trail motorcycle is suitable for this tour.
What kind of tires ?
Mixed tires with knobbies.
If you don't own the adequate motorcycle, we can rent you one. We will surely find somethig suitable.
To know precisely the available makes and models, please refer to our online booking form.
This tour can be driven with a quad or SSV.